Colourette Coloursnaps Review and Swatches

Friday, June 1, 2018 Philippines


This summer, I have been overusing multi-stain products that give off the “sun-kissed” look. Very much inspired by Nadine Lustre, I’ve been embracing my natural skin (which means no foundation) and just sporting easy blushes. 


When Colourette cosmetics released Coloursnaps, I immediately went to their SM North EDSA branch to get my hands on them. Unfortunately, they were sold out pretty fast. Bummer! When I got home, I checked out their website and to my luck, there are still some shades left. I got the two shades I've been eyeing: GLO UP and LOWKEY.

Glo Up under natural lightGlo Up is a muted bubblegum pink.




Lowkey is a light, warm coral.     Lowkey under natural light

Coloursnaps are dewy multi-stain balms infused with shea butter, SPF 15, and vitamin E. There are 12 available shades suitable for Filipina skin. 

The easy-slide packaging is cute and sleek, with one-word statement shades on the center of the tin. The scent is citrus-like, but the taste is quite bitter. A Coloursnap retails for PhP 249 each.  


On the Eyes:
If you're into glossy lids, you WILL fall in love with this. I usually apply the product after foundation and the color pops out instantly, no need for eyeshadow primer. I also noticed that it stays on the longest on the lids, compared to the cheeks and lips. 

On the Cheeks:
Upon application, I noticed that the formula is wax-based and easy to blend. The color pay-off is amazing and natural-looking. It’s pigmented and leaves a dewy finish. Unfortunately, it melts away after 4 to 6 hours with foundation or BB cream, and just 3 hours with no foundation or BB cream.  

On the Lips:
Upon the first layer of application, I can hardly see any color pay-off. As I applied a second layer, I can slightly see the sheer color of the balm. The feeling is not oily at all, unlike on the cheeks, it’s incredibly lightweight. However, it did not look decent on my chapped lips. The balm settled on the dry portions of my lips and left everything else colorless. 


Glo Up on the lids, cheeks, and lips
Lowkey on the lids, cheeks, and lips

As for my verdict, I love that it gives off a healthy, dewy glow that is perfect for summer. For the price, I think that it is on the mid-range of the scale, but still worth it. The color selection is phenomenal, I had a hard time picking my faves (MILK was my number one target but always sold out). Nevertheless, I do prefer using the Coloursnaps on my eyes and cheeks more than on my lips. I highly recommend this product for dry and normal skin types and to set it with powder for oily skin types. 

Summary
Pocket-Friendly ♥♥♥♥
Long-lasting ♥♥♥
Quality & Texture   ♥♥♥♥♥
Health & Safety ♥♥♥♥♥

Have you tried any Colourette products?
Share your reviews below! I would love to read them.



10 comments

  1. I'm a bit hesitant since I have an oily skin. Milk din yung inaabangan ko. Really looks good on you, Melissa! Perfect dewy look! Haha. But Colourette's Colortints work best on me, that's why I'm finishing off my 2 bottles first. Hehe. You should definitely try those! Better color payoff, especially on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Da! I just checked out your review of the Colourtints and ang gaganda nga omg. Same price pa sila! I thought mas mahal yun! Next time, I'll definitely go get that one na! Thank youuuu. ♥

      Delete
  2. Love the Lowkey one, it looks so fresh on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, April here! ♡
    Anyhoo, this looks nice. It looks so natural. Btw, you should try their tints too! Mas maganda siya sa lips, di siya ganun kaover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April! Thanks for the suggestion! Parang gusto ko nga itry yung Colourtints nila! ♥

      Delete
  4. Love how it looks on you! Ito yata yung mga recent IG looks mo? Love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parehas na natural yung finish nila. Thanks for the review, Mel!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.