SEE: Hong Kong Travel Itinerary

Monday, October 31, 2016 Hong Kong


I know this post is long overdue, but what the heck, it's better late than never! Keep reading to know more about our adventure in Hong Kong!


Day 0 
7:10 PM Flight to Hong Kong
9:10 PM Arrival at Hong Kong International Airport  

We booked an unbelievably cheap flight (PHP 2,000 round trip) to Hong Kong via seat sale from Cebu Pacific, that's why our flight to HK was at a Sunday night. We arrived at Hong Kong International Airport around 9pm, then rode the A21 bus from the airport to Nathan Road, Jordan. One block away from the bus stop is our hotel - Evergreen Hotel. We were lucky to have reserved a spacious room for 4 pax within a short period of time. If you're interested to know more about Evergreen Hotel, click here. Just beside the hotel is a 7-eleven outlet which made it easier for us to buy water and some food whenever we're hungry. That night, we just had dinner in McDonald's (HAHA!) and eventually went to sleep for us to be ready for our adventure the next day.

Budget:
Bus ride to Jordan = 33 HKD
Dinner = 40 HKD

Day 1
10:30 AM Hong Kong Disneyland


Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opens at 9am, however, we didn't want to eat breakfast there (because I heard that the food was pricey!) so we had a quick breakfast at McDonalds (again!) nearest to our hotel. Just two blocks away is the Jordan MTR station, we headed there and bought an Octopus card. The Octopus card is like the Beep card in the Philippines, it can be used to pay in public transportations (trains, buses, etc.) and also in museums and tourist spots.

Hong Kong Disneyland is located in Lantau Island. We rode the MTR (with 3 interchanges) from Jordan -> Sunny Bay -> Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. 

The month we visited was May. Thankfully, it did not rain considering that May is the start of their rainy season. It took us the whole day to visit the attractions, we were so tired but it was all worth it. It was a magical day indeed!

Budget:
Breakfast = 35 HKD
MTR Octopus Card = 100 HKD + 50 HKD deposit (this already covered our whole trip in HK)
HK Disneyland Entrance Fee = 536 HKD
Lunch = 99 HKD
Dinner = 50 HKD

Day 2 
11:30 AM Ocean Park



Sad but true, we woke up late the 2nd day. We had brunch at our hotel and went directly to Ocean Park Hong Kong. We took the MTR to Admiralty Station and rode the Citybus Route 629 which led us directly to the park. Unlike HK Disneyland wherein you could spend the whole day at, Ocean Park HK closes before 6pm. The whole park is so huge! You can't possibly try all rides and go to all animal sanctuaries and aquariums within the operating hours, especially if you woke up late! 

One downer that we experienced was there were a lot of rides under maintenance so we didn't have a chance to experience them all. Lines were extremely long for roller-coasters and the like, but the animal sanctuaries were quiet which absolutely pleased us. 

Day two was a long, tiring day so we slept in again and just had dinner near our hotel. 

Budget:
Brunch = 50 HKD
Ocean Park Entrance Fee = 358 HKD
Dinner = 50 HKD

Day 3 
10:30 AM The Peak
02:00 PM Central
04:00 PM Ladies Market
07:00 PM Clock Tower
07:30 PM Victoria Harbor
08:30 PM 1881 Heritage
09:00 PM Hello Kitty Chinese Cuisine
11:00 PM Temple Street Night Market



So from the looks of the list above, you can see that this was our busiest day. First item on the list is The Peak. We rode the MTR to Central station and then walked a 20-minute walk (because we got lost!) to Peak Tram. There were a few tourists that time because we arrived during lunch time. They gave us a tablet with headphones which we can use to hear the rich history of Hong Kong and their iconic tourist destinations. After that we headed back to Central and explored (and rested) the parks and tried to blend in with the locals. Then, we shopped at Ladies Market in Mong Kok. All I can say is - Ladies Market is nothing like Divisoria. It's just a small street with less than a hundred stalls that sell the same kinds of stuff. Plus, Divisoria is way cheaper.

After Mong Kok, we headed south to Tsim Sha Tsui to go to the Hello Kitty Chinese Cuisine Restaurant I've been dying to see. However, we got lost (AGAIN!) and my family settled to eat at an Indian restaurant. I really wanted to go to the Hello Kitty resto so Mayren and I decided to split up with them and just meet up at the hotel later that night. 

Before eating dinner, we stopped at the Clock Tower, which was under construction BTW, and checked out the Symphony of Lights at Victoria Harbour. The show starts at 8pm everyday. It was nice but don't expect too much. We also passed by and took pictures at the 1881 Heritage, a beautiful shopping landmark and hotel near the Clock Tower.  

By 9pm, we finally made it to the Hello Kitty Chinese Cuisine Restaurant, and turns out it was nearer to our hotel than expected. I wrote a separate blog post about my experience there, you can read it here.

After dinner, it was time to shop for souvenirs! We bought some chopsticks, shirts, and Chinese bowls at Temple Street Night Market which is two blocks away from our hotel. I do not recommend buying shirts here because they are made from very poor quality products and not worth your money.

Budget:
Breakfast = 45 HKD
Peak = 88 HKD
Lunch = 35 HKD
Ladies Market shopping = 100 HKD
Hello Kitty Chinese Cuisine = 180 HKD
Temple Street Night Market = 100 HKD

Day 4
8:05 AM Flight to Manila

Last day in Hong Kong. :( Our flight was scheduled for 8am. We needed to get to the airport at least an hour before. So from Jordan-Nathan Road, we rode the A21 bus to the airport at 6am. Thankfully, there was no traffic on our way there and we had spare time to return our Octopus cards and eat breakfast at the airport. Or so we thought! We did NOT expect the airport was so huge, one minute we're eating and the next minute we're running around looking for our boarding gate! We almost missed our flight! Getting used to Filipino time sucks!!!!

Budget:
Breakfast = 45 HKD
Octopus Card = (-)50 HKD


Overall Budget = 1,944 HKD 

So, that sums up my travel and budget itinerary to Hong Kong. Thanks for reading and witnessing my first attempt to make a magazine layout post. I hope you got some tips from my #LostinHK trip! 


Have you been to Hong Kong? Do you want to visit it someday?
If you have any questions, just drop them at the comment box down below. I'll be glad to answer them!



60 comments

  1. I've always wanted to go to Hong Kong! It's definitely on my travel bucket list indeed. Your editing in this post is so good! The photos and the little quotes with them are my favourite, I'll be sure to check back for more of yours x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go, it's a small city but worth it! :) Thank you so much, Liz!

      Delete
  2. Hong Kong is definitely a must-visit country! I loved how you collage your photos. It's unique. Hihi. <3 Hope to see more soon. :)

    Loi x Wanderlaska

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's sweet of you, Loi! I wasn't sure of my editing really, but thanks for appreciating! :)

      Delete
  3. Love your photos and how you created a lovely collage!! Looks you had a great time there!! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yiota! Yes, I did have a great time. It's my first out-of-the-country trip! :)

      Delete
  4. I really loved how you've styled this blog post, it was gorgeous! I've never been to Hong Kong or really thought about going so it's really great to find out your tips!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Emily! HK is definitely one of the closest countries to ours, that's why it's on my list! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow looks like u had a great trip, I definitely have to visit HK one day too ! Btw I love your photos, your blog is so lovely hun,

    xoxo from Paris

    http://www.mathildesdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! Thanks so much for reading, Mathilde! :)

      Delete
  6. I wish I could grab such a great deal from CebPac and other airlines! I love all these photos, btw. You look like you had so much fun :)

    Lyka Chiang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently subscribed to CebPac's email listing that's why I got this sale! :) Thanks so much, Lyka. :)

      Delete
  7. Your blog is so darling and lovely, I could spend all day here haha! I absolutely love your travel diaries, especially how everything is organised day by day, you have such cute snaps too! Hope you're having a magical Halloween! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram - tempting Too Faced Gingerbread giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're the sweetest, Elizabeth! Thank you so much, I'm glad that you enjoy reading my blog. :)

      Delete
  8. Awww so awesome. I've been wanting to go to Hong Kong.
    xoxo, Rachel

    http://www.rachelvogttrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so amazing, hope you've had a great halloween! i've always wanted to go to hong kong
    jen / velvet spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! :) You should definitely go there! It's definitely a brand new experience for you. :)

      Delete
  10. I've never been to Hong Kong! I would love to visit. When Periscope first started someone showed Hong Kong Disneyland and I was absolutely amazed. It looked so gorgeous! So glad you went and it's smart of you to eat elsewhere. Those places can be high. Also glad you linked that Hello Kitty restaurant post. I heard about it but never saw it. It is grand!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim! :) Yes, HK Disneyland is little but amazing! Everything was taken good care of. Hope you had fun reading this post. :)

      Delete
  11. Looks like a great trip! I would totally have Mcdonalds while traveling, but good on you for trying some new foods as well x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, you can never go wrong with McDonald's! But I think for my next trips, I'd love to try local cuisine. :) Thanks, Katie!

      Delete
  12. Had my first Disneyland adventure in Hong Kong, too!

    P.S. Loooove the layout of this post. ♥
    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I saw it on your Instagram recently! Did you have fun? I sure did! :)) Thanks so much, Da! ♥

      Delete
  13. Wow, seems like you've had an amazing trip! I'd love to visit as well.

    yuki | solivagantic

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such great plans..I wanna go!!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photo compilation! I just wonder if that 2000 HKD counts for a single person. I want to visit Hongkong ang Japan and Vietnam, and will try to give it a try next year. :D

    Thank you!

    Myxilog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The overall budget I mentioned above is for one person only. :) However, accommodation and airfare are not included, just pocket money!

      Delete
  16. Can't wait for the next seat sale!! lol

    Little Miss Miera | www.littlemissmiera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think they have seat sales monthly now :))

      Delete
  17. This post makes me want to go to Hong Kong soo much! It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful time, and you included some really beautiful pics! Yay pandas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw. This made me miss Hong Kong so much. I can't seem to find any roundtrip flights worth PHP2000 anymore. Hahaha! Guess we got lucky when we booked flights like that last year.

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I think they only have seat sales that cheap once a year. :)))

      Delete
  19. Love the way you put your pictures together, it looks like you had such a lovely trip!
    xx
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  20. This makes me wish I would hop on a plane to Hong Kong tomorrow. It seems like you had the best time and I like that you included prices to help us get an idea of costs.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carina! It took a lot of effort reminiscing the costs but it seemed great to add them so it was worth it. :)))

      Delete
  21. one thing i regret the most when I went to Hongkong is skipping the ocean park :(
    It looks like a great trip and affordable :D

    Love, Kandice & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you went to Disneyland! I enjoyed that trip the most. :)

      Delete
  22. Ahh I remember flying to HK through a Cebu Pac seat sale too! Love your photo collages! Makes me miss HK.

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CebPac really is a life-saver when it comes to budget flights, don't they? :) Thanks, Jeanne!

      Delete
  23. I haven't traveled outside the country, but HK is a must-visit. And lucky you got that cheap seat sale. Hoping I get to visit HK as well pretty soon. :)

    chasingecstasy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HK was my first! Check out CebPac's seat sale, such a bargain!!! :D

      Delete
  24. The last time I visited HK was 8 years ago! But still, I want to visit it again! I love the magazine layout. I'm looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 8 years ago, was HK Disneyland already made back then? Thanks so much, Karen! :)

      Delete
  25. Haven't been to Hong Kong but we're planning a visit next year. I can't wait! Love you photos, btw! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.