Althea: Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser + Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist

Sunday, January 27, 2019


Last Christmas, Althea had a few surprises for us all. They introduced us to their two new products - Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser and Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist!




Php 430 (150 mL)

Claims
- Water and oil cleanser that whisks away makeup, dirt, and oil
- Keeps skin hydrated due to serum-like formula
- Balances the pH level (pH = 5.5-6.5) of the skin to ensure it stays healthy
- Exfoliates away dead skin due to powers of mint extract

Verdict
First thing I noticed is the viscosity of the cleanser. It feels like a less dense oil cleanser, and is comparable to a micellar water's consistency. However, unlike micellar water, this is gentler to the skin since it has a pH-balancing quality. I first tried this to remove one of my liquid lipsticks and it had no problem wiping off the product! My skin feels soft after washing, and it doesn't feel stripped and tight. 

I also appreciate that I can use this without any makeup wipe! I just rub the product on my skin in circular motion and ta-da, it's squeaky clean!

The product comes in a sleek clear plastic bottle. Considering that this is an oil cleanser, I actually didn't like that it's only sealed by a cap that can easily allow the product to leak. I don't recommend this kind of packaging for travel purposes. Also, all ingredients are written in Hangul, I just hope they put the ingredients list and the shelf life in their site in English for international consumers. :( 



The cleanser smells nice. I'm not sure if it's scented or it's just due to the mint extract ingredient. Either way, it smells really refreshing. 

I highly recommend the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser to be used at night, especially if you're too lazy to double cleanse! This will save you a lot of time (and money, too!)




Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist 
(Althea x Titi Kamal)
PhP 450 (100 mL)

Claims
- A feminine mix of fruity and floral scents
Not overbearingly strong and non-sticky mist
- Long-lasting scent

Verdict
I love the packaging! It's easy to bring because it's in a plastic bottle and the size fits even in my smallest go-to bag! The spray nozzle is one of the best I have tried. It spreads out the mist evenly on my skin. I'm in love. 

The scent is very feminine. I usually don't wear perfumes because I'm sensitive to strong smells but this mist doesn't irritate me whatsoever. I agree that it isn't sticky, so I can re-spray at any time of the day. 

About the longevity, I have tested this for almost a month and I can say that it doesn't last all throughout the day. I think it lasts for about 4-5 hours. But since it is light and easy to bring, I just re-spray it mid-afternoon. 

Lastly, the mist expires after 12 months, which is I think is short. Let me know what you think!




Disclaimer: All products were sent to me by Althea Korea, rest assured everything stated above were honest opinions based on my experience. #AltheaSerumCleanser #TitixAltheaKorea #AltheaAngels #AltheaKorea 


Have you tried oil cleansers before?
Which one is your fave?



4 comments

  1. I wanna try the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser as a make up remover! I'm using a water based make up remover, eh. I've seen others use oil-based and it looks great. x

    Bee x | https://beecaluya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, try oil-based cleansers! It will erase your mascara and eyeliner in one go! :) Thank you, Bee!

      Delete
  2. My mom and my aunt loved the mist! Sila ang umubos!! Hahaha

    xo, Ella | Off-Duty Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa naubos na!! Hehehe lakas maka-fresh kasi eh no! Thanks Ella! :)

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.