Blithe: Anti-Polluaging Skincare (ft. StyleKorean)

Saturday, January 5, 2019 Philippines


For city ladies in their 20's like me, skincare is a major priority. Everyone is not getting younger by the day, plus being exposed to pollutants in our everyday commute isn't easy to battle. 

So when I came across Blithe, thanks to StyleKorean, I got intrigued by their skincare line. Blithe coined the term "anti-polluaging" which means protecting the skin against pollution and early skin aging. 


I have tested 4 products from Blithe below. Continue reading to know more about them!





Anti-Polluaging Cleansing Water
(Himalayan Pink Salt)
Retails for PhP 1,355 (Currently on sale for PhP 1,219) 




Claims

Himalayan pink salt provides detox and protection of the skin from the effects of the environment. This cleansing water gently but effectively removes dirt and even very persistent makeup. is also moisturizing and nourishing, making it soft and radiant without causing irritation and a feeling of tightness. Suitable even for sensitive skin. Does not contain parabens, mineral oils, sulfates.

Verdict

On my first try, I used this to remove makeup on my eyes. It works well to remove eye makeup, even mascara and eyeliner. Immediately after cleansing, my skin feels incredibly soft and supple. My skin doesn't feel dry at all. I am impressed on how gentle it is on the skin but really effective in removing makeup at the same time. It has no artificial scent which is always a plus for me.


Patting Splash Mask 

(Energy Yellow Citrus & Honey Splash Mask)
Retails for PhP 2,069 (Currently on sale for PhP 1,862)




Claims

Inspired by the Korean bathhouse tradition of splashing botanical steeped water onto the face, splash masks are simple to use. Just splash and pat onto the face for results in as little as 15 seconds. This liquid mask treatment delivers traditional moisturizing benefits along with gentle exfoliation. Formulated with a lactic acid blend, it reveals smoother skin and leaves the face feeling refreshed and glowing.

Verdict

I have heard Blithe's Patting Splash Mask from some of my favorite YouTubers. It's a very unique product to use, I must say! It's my first time to try the "splash mask" technique. It looks complicated at first, but quite simple actually, once you get the hang of it. What I do is dilute a cap-sized amount onto a tub filled with water (1:100), and continuously splash the solution onto my face. It feels very refreshing and relaxing after a hard day's work. My face looks bouncy and healthy-looking after I've done this step. 


I measured one cap-size and it's approximately 6-7 ml. So in one tub, I use about 600-700 ml of water.
However, I'm quite on the fence with this one. Here's why - the first time I used this, I forgot to wear sunscreen afterwards and it actually made my skin super sensitive and bumpy. So moving forward, I make sure to do this precautions since this splash mask is formulated with lactic acid (AHA): 

  • I make sure to wear sunscreen the day after I use this; 
  • I don't use other exfoliants with this to avoid over-exfoliating; 
  • and I use this once a week only.    


Vital Treatment 

(8 nourishing beans)
Retails for PhP 2,449 (Currently on sale for PhP 2,204)




Claims

Packed with eight different peptide and vitamin-rich beans, including lentils, black beans, and red beans, the bouncy and light liquid rejuvenates dull skin for a youthful effect. The Vitamin E-filled ‘pulp’ efficiently delivers nourishment, helping to slow signs of aging while invigorating skin.

Verdict

Out of these 4 products, I love the Vital Treatment's scent the most. It smells like lemons and oranges in a bottle. I do this at the toning step after cleansing. I also saw in Joan Kim's video that this is actually perfect for the 7-layer method which is basically layering your toner 7 times. The viscosity is pretty thick but not heavy on the skin. My skin just drinks it up. I wait until it dries, and proceed with my skincare regimen. 


It's thick but it's also runny. One to two drops are enough for one layer!
This claims to have a lifting effect, which I am very excited about. The first time I tried it, I only tried one layer and didn't see an immediate effect. Next day, I tried the 7-layer method and I have seen a positive effect on my undereye area! My undereye area is usually puffy but I noticed that the Vital Treatment not only hydrated my skin, it also lifted it. I'm obsessed!

Pressed Serum 

(Tundra Chaga)
Retails for PhP 2,345 (Currently on sale for PhP 2,110)




Claims

This Pressed Serum is fortified with chaga mushroom extract, which is cold-processed to preserve the mushroom's optimal nutrients. The extract is combined with a blend of fermented oils—including olive and argan— to provide the skin with lasting hydration while protecting against harsh climates and pollution. It minimizes visible signs of aging and pollution, nourishes, and supports skin without heaviness.

Verdict

This serum works wonders. It has been deeply moisturizing for my dry skin. At first, it feels like a lotion. But after a few seconds, I felt that the skin actually absorbs the moisture provided by the serum. Also, unlike other moisturizers, it's not greasy. I also love the scent, which is from the natural main ingredient - mushroom.  

A serum is definitely not lightweight, that's why I prefer to use serums at night. My skin really feels and looks healthy in the morning. Do note that the Blithe Pressed Serum has Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil and Olive Oil which are mildly comedogenic for oily skin. So, be mindful of that!


Lastly, I love the packaging! I appreciate that I can store the spatula inside the jar so that I won't lose it. It's also more hygienic that way. Aaaand it's purple, my favorite!  







---

I am very impressed with all of these Blithe products. Blithe doesn't kid around with organic ingredients. When I was checking the products' ingredient lists, I was amazed that ALL of the advertised ingredients are the dominant ingredients in the list. With all things considered, I do think that the products mentioned above are a bit pricier than the products I usually buy. 

For Blithe's line of products, here are my recommendations

  • I recommend the Anti-Polluaging Cleansing Water for people with any skin type (even sensitive skin types)! 
  • The Patting Splash Mask is a really unconventional product for exfoliating since it has a different way. But it's really easy to use than most exfoliants (scrubs, peeling pads, exfoliating masks). Just be careful in dealing with AHA or else you'll have bumpy, sensitive skin like me!
  • The Vital Treatment (8 nourishing beans) is a good toner for people with puffy skin. (I can attest to this!) Due to its ingredients, I think it will be suitable also for people with aging and dull skin. Definitely a must try!
  • The Pressed Serum (Tundra Chaga) is an amazing night serum for people with dry skin. It's worth every penny! 
Disclaimer: All products were sent to me by StyleKorean, rest assured everything stated above were honest opinions based on my experience.



Have you tried Blithe?
If not, which product above do you want to try?



Post a Comment

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.