Matrix Lip and Cheek Tint Review and Swatches

Saturday, January 13, 2018 Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines


Highly influenced by K-beauty, we Filipinos enjoy sporting "natural-looking" lips since early 2010's. It is the time when pink and red gradient colors are all I see on teenage girls. And that does not stop there, even people my age (20's) love to look flushed and sun-kissed. The only dilemma I see is that most lip tints have bright red and pink colors that do not perfectly suit our morena skin. Luckily, I have came across Matrix Cosmetics






Matrix Cosmetics is a local brand that produces quality lip and cheek tints which match our yellow undertones. I have been given a chance to review two (2) of the shades they have - Peach Perfect and Hazel Brown.
 

The lip and cheek tint is a water-based product that has a sweet candy-like scent. If you're familiar with Lips candies (locally made candies that only cost PhP 1.00 each), it tastes exactly like that. The product is placed in a glass bottle topped with a roll-on type of applicator. The lip and cheek tint retails for PhP 140.00 for 10 mL of product.




What's Hot

  • Pigmented. 
  • Color selection is perfect for morena skin. Available in 5 shades, which consists of dark reds and browns. Definitely check their Instagram to see the whole selection. 
  • Super duper long-lasting. My arm swatches lasted more than 24 hours! (I took a bath, don't judge me!)
  • Easy to blend. Both for the lips and cheeks.

What's Not

  • Hard to remove. This can also be considered as a good thing, because it will definitely stay on your lips. 
  • Roll-on applicator. I would highly suggest that you apply the tint with a brush (for your lips) or your finger (for the cheeks) because the applicator is quite big and it will be messy if you apply it directly.  
  • Price is quite up there considering it is a local product, nonetheless, I think it's worth it. 

Where to buy
You can order them online on Matrix Cosmetics or through Matrix Cosmetics' local distributors.
  


Due to its color selection and impressive longevity, I recommend this product. It's definitely a must try! Also, I think it's important that we support local brands here in the Philippines. ♥

Disclaimer: Products have been sent to me, rest assured all opinions stated above are honest and true.

Summary
Pocket-Friendly ♥♥♥♥
Color Selection ♥♥♥♥
Long-lasting ♥♥♥♥♥
Quality & Texture   ♥♥♥♥
Health & Safety ♥♥♥♥


Have you tried any locally made lip tints?
Do you have any favorites? Share them below!


6 comments

  1. Really love your flatlays! That Hazel Brown one looks so natural!

    www.kamilleking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, that's why I love that one! Thanks Kamille!

      Delete
  2. Hazel brown looks so natural! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, okay. My reply is long overdue. Haha. Yes, I love it. Thanks, Da! :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've heard mixed reviews about that one! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.