SHINE: Current Makeup Routine + #DailyMakeupTotal

Saturday, February 11, 2017 Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines


I may be a makeup enthusiast, but I prefer a natural fresh look for ordinary days. Inspired by Ellie Talks Makeup's idea, I've compiled my daily makeup products and computed my #DailyMakeupTotal. Let's see how much my tiis-ganda look has cost me! 


First of all, I do not use a primer for everyday. I usually put on my makeup after I apply my moisturizer. It pains me to say this but I do think that if I apply a ton of product on my face every single day, my face will wrinkle faster than it should. 

Most of the products I use can be bought at the drugstore because I'm a cheapskate. In my defense, numerous drugstore products have incredible quality that are highly comparable to high-end products. Below are the only high-end products in my list. 


L-R: Tarte Double Duty Classic Courage; Mac Twig
(Because I only use the blush in Tarte's Double Duty palette, I only added the price of the single blush in my total.)  

Whenever I'm in a hurry, I skip three steps in my makeup routine: foundation; powder; and highlight. Don't get me wrong, I love using these three - they're amazing! However, I can still complete my fresh everyday look without them. 


L-R: Elf Baked Blush; L'oreal True Match Liquid Foundation; Nichido Pressed Powder

On the other hand, I have two products I cannot live without. As expected, one of them is for my brows. I used to be an eyebrow-pencil girl, however, I recently discovered an alternative for ABH brow pomade which is the Milani Stay Put Brow Color. It comes with a thin pointed brush which is perfect for my small brows. The other product is mascara. Unfortunately, I have sparse eyelashes thus a volumizing mascara is a necessity for me.


L-R: Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express Mascara; Milani Stay Put Brow Color

Products I use (in order): 

L'oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in G1 Gold Ivory (PHP 600)
Nichido Pressed Powder in Amber (PHP 100)
Chap Ice Lip Balm (PHP 40)
Milani Stay Put Brow Color in Dark Brown (PHP 450)
Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express Mascara (PHP 199)
Tarte Double Duty Classic Courage Blush in Courage (PHP 1400)
Elf Baked Blush in Pinktastic (PHP 250)
Mac Satin Lipstick in Twig (PHP 1000)

#DailyMakeupTotal = PHP 4,039





How much does your daily makeup cost?
Share them below! 


38 comments

  1. Great routine! I'm working on developing one for myself - Sometimes I follow one and other times I get lazy. I love the quote too! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Me too, I'm usually lazy! That's why I added the things that are optional for me. Haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty simple when it comes to makeup and I tend to keep it all natural without putting foundation on my skin and just a little eye makeup... so my beauty products cost like $10 every two months or so, lol. I love your blogs and the adorable layout by the way!! Will definitely follow you.

    Sincerely,

    Your new blogger friend (haha)

    www.imagineyourart.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks new blogger friend! Haha! I like to keep it simple too. BTW, I love your blog as well!!!! Followed you back. ♥

      Delete
  3. The tarte palettes are the best. Love the formula and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makeup looks fabulous. I don't wear a lot of makeup so I imagine the total cost is like .50 cents daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also an eyebrow pencil girl here! I've heard a lot about pomades (including that they cost a lot!! haha) so thanks for recommending Milani. Where can I buy those anyway? Hehe. I usually skip the primer-foundation routine when I'm in a rush and proceed to doing just my brows and lips. This looks really interesting. I'll try to make my own DailyMakeUpCost too.

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I hate about using an eyebrow pencil is it's too fragile! That's why I made the switch to pomades haha. I bought mine from Pop Culture, Trinoma! :)

      Delete
  6. I badly need all of these make up products. The collection looks soft and fresh. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the packaging of the Tarte blush! I honestly don't know how much my daily makeup costs. In fact, I don't wanna know cos it'll make me feel guilty. lol

    http:/thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! Very empowering. ♥ Haha yeah, lalo na kung high-end products ang gamit! :)

      Delete
  8. My make up is very inexpensive in general. My
    Most costly items are for lips and and face powder, which come from Mac. Everything else is from the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Most of the makeup products I use are from the drugstore. :)

      Delete
  9. I like your routine; simple and quick. I prefer drugstore products as well because they're more affordable and just as effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I completely agree - they're just as effective! :)

      Delete
  10. These are great make up products I am using L'oreal True Match Liquid Foundation and i am very happy with this foundation. Also i like MAC products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like L'oreal True Match because the range of colors is amazing!

      Delete
  11. That looks like an really good daily routine. I suck at doing make up and so stick with just the eyeliner & mascara!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Nonetheless, eyeliner is a pretty hard one (I can't even do it right everytime!) :D

      Delete
  12. Nice routine! dear, so simple I love L'oreal and Maybelline products too for my daily use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'oreal and Maybelline are my favorite drugstore brands! I like Elf, too!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the post! Daily I do not use make ups.I love putting makeups occasionally !

    www.learn2livefully.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm trying to get up everyday and get ready so a routine is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun routine. I need one for days I'm not working on the farm. It would make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Maybe you can try skincare products, too, since you're exposed in the sun? :)

      Delete
  16. I didn't post mine but I calculated the makeup that I use for everyday and it costs me less than 1,000 pesos. Yung totoo, 1,000 pesos makeup challenge talaga kinalabasan ng akin. Hahaha! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Galing hahaha! Ang pocket-friendly ng makeup mo bes! ♥

      Delete
  17. I love that you used the back of a canvas for your flatlay, really creative! :)

    Nikaia | www.wheresnika.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flatlay game is on. Haha! Thank you, Nika! ♥

      Delete
  18. Omg, ganda nung palette! ♥ Ako rin usually natural fresh look lang, not unless kailangan ko for my business shoots. And as for my daily makeup cost, now lang ako napaisip dyan! Haha. Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Airish! Medyo matagal kasi talaga kung araw araw heavy ang makeup! :)

      Delete
  19. Been wanting to do a daily make up total post but I don't want to know how much they are *sobs* so I'm kind of avoiding it! Is the Loreal foundation nice? I'm planning to buy a new foundation but I have yet to decide which one to get!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh this gave me an idea. Fave ko talaga yung paggamit mo ng canvass! Very resourceful!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.