SAVOUR: Hello Kitty Chinese Cuisine

Sunday, June 12, 2016 Hong Kong



I have seen this cute Hello Kitty-themed restaurant from vernverniece.com. With no hesitation, I added this to my itinerary for my trip to Hong Kong this May 2016, I mean who doesn't want to see those Hello Kitty buns??? 



THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
  • Operating Hours: 11am-3:30pm, 6pm-10pm
  • Address: Lee Loy Mansion, Canton Road, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
  • Price for two: HKD 250 - 400 (PHP 1,500 - 2,400)

HOW TO GET THERE:

Unfortunately, I have poor map-reading skills so we got lost (hence the hashtag -- #LostinHK). The restaurant is located on Canton Road which is a very long street that spreads out along 3 MTR Stations, Mong Kok, Yau Ma Tei, and Jordan. The shortest way to get there is from Jordan MTR Station, take Bowring Street, walk a couple of blocks then turn left towards Canton Road





We came there at around 9pm on a weekday, so basically the resto was almost empty. The place was covered with Chinese Hello Kitty paintings and lanterns which gave it a classic, old Hong Kong vibe. The staff greeted us with warm smiles and immediately showed us to our seats. The crew were very friendly unlike in other restaurants we've been to in Hong Kong. 





Appetizers are to be served, which you have to pay for, but you can tell the waitress beforehand if you don't want any. The menu is available in both Chinese and English language. I have to be honest, I did not focus on the descriptions because I was so ecstatic when I saw the pictures of the foooooood! They're so adorable, I swear. Look at the menu from their website below.



We ordered the Hello Kitty Custard Buns (HKD 62) and Steamed Egg White with Prawn and Hello Kitty Rice (HKD 128). The food was quickly served after 10 minutes (yay!), and looked exactly like in the pictures. The custard buns were not too sweet which I liked, because I planned that to be my dinner and not my dessert. The rice meal was delish but the flavor could have been better, I must say. Do I think it's worth the penny? I sure do. 


  

Overall, I enjoyed the food and the experience. I wish we have restaurants like this in Manila, I'll surely be a regular there!

SUMMARY:

Pocket-Friendly ♥♥♥
Quality & Taste ♥♥♥♥
Service ♥♥♥♥♥
Instagrammable     ♥♥♥♥♥

RECOMMENDATION:

Highly recommended! :) 


Do you have any suggestions or comments? Write 'em below!

Just keep swimming,
Melissa

2 comments

  1. Holy smokes! Those are too pretty to eat! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more! I sat there and look at it for like 3 minutes! :))

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.