Althea's Latest: Milk Peel Cream Mask

Friday, November 30, 2018


I have tried all sorts of masks ever since I became obsessed with K-skincare, but never have I ever tried a mask with AHA + BHA before. If you are not familiar with these terms, here's the gist: 

AHA, alpha hydroxy acids (ex. glycolic, lactic acid), is a form of chemical exfoliant. It focuses on the surface of your skin for brightening and reducing hyperpigmentation. 

BHA, beta hyrdoxy acid aka salicylic acid, is also a chemical exfoliant. It targets the problems deeper than the surface, which are commonly blackheads, acne, and clogged pores.

This November, Althea came out with a Milk Peel Cream Mask with AHA and BHA together. That's right, a mask that chemically exfoliates your skin! 

How to use
Dampen the skin and apply an even layer onto the skin, massaging till a rich lather forms. Leave on for 30-60 seconds before rinsing away with warm water.


I wish you can see it more clearly! :( It has a thick foam. (But it isn't heavy!)


I had a chance to try it out and here are my thoughts:

Claims
This gentle peeling mask can be used for dry and combination skin. A self-bubbling clay texture creates a dense lather to remove dead skin cells on the surface (due to the AHA), target and unclog enlarged pores (BHA), and moisturize the skin (milk).

Verdict
The packaging is quite cute, it releases the mask through a pump. At first, the product had a light gray clay-like texture. Then, it turned into a bubble mask after 5-10 seconds. It doesn't feel tingly or itchy, so it's good for sensitive skin. The foam was soft and light, no harsh particles or beads were there (compared to other exfoliators). 

After masking for 40 seconds, my face definitely feels refreshed. I immediately felt that it removed sebum because there was tightness. It was not drying though. Nevertheless, for a dry-skinned girl like me, I usually find it best to use a moisturizing toner + moisturizer cream after this. Also, since it's an exfoliator, I won't use this everyday to avoid over-exfoliating. Once or twice a week is what I prefer.

For the AHA and BHA claims, there was no immediate result right after washing. I guess I'll just have to update you when I see the difference! ;)

Milk Peel Cream Mask retails for PhP 490 in Althea

Disclaimer: The products have been sent to me by Althea, rest assured everything stated above are my honest opinions.





Have you tried any chemical exfoliators before?
What are the results on you?




4 comments

  1. It's my first time hearing AHA + BHA terms buuut sobrang cute lang ng color ng packaging nilaaa. I haven't tried althea products before but i'll prolly try it soon.

    x Bee | https://beecaluya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Althea has the cutest packaging <3 I hope you try them soon, super affordable ng products nila :)

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.