SHINE: Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette

Sunday, April 16, 2017


Sleek MakeUP is a well-known brand from U.K., which recently launched here in the Philippines. Sleek has totally raised the bar for both drugstore and high-end makeup brands.


I have heard superb reviews about one of their bestsellers, Solstice Highlighting Palette, so I decided to get one and see what the fuss is aboutSolstice Palette is popular for its high quality pigmentation and excellent color selection. The packaging looks simple yet elegant (did I mention it was gold?), and comes with a mirror. The palette also includes a flat mini brush, but I suggest you apply highlighter with a blender or a fluffy brush to achieve a more iridescent glow. The highlighting palette consists of 4 shades - 3 powders and 1 cream.


Gold Packaging of Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette





Highlighter Shades:
Ecliptic
- CREAM HIGHLIGHT
- Rose gold highlight which gives off a subtle glow perfect for everyday makeup
- Has a creamy, soft texture
- Buildable and long lasting
- Directions for use: Lift the brows with a highlight across the brow bone

Hemisphere
- SHIMMER POWDER
- Intense purple highlight that adds a luminous sheen to the skin
- Blinding and the most pigmented out of the four
- Directions for use: Add shimmer to cheekbones

Subsolar
- BAKED POWDER
- Light yellow highlight that adds a natural polish to fair skin
- Metallic silver finish
- Directions for use: Highlight down the bridge of the nose

Equinox
- BAKED POWDER
- Warm-toned bronze highlight that gives off a radiant glow to medium and tan skin tones
- Perfect for that summer look
- Also, this is my favorite because this suits my skin tone
- Directions for use: Enhance lips with a highlight on the cupid's bow

Hand swatches


Oh, and I haven’t got to the best part yet, it's AFFORDABLE. Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette retails for only PHP 875.00 (USD 18.00), that is four shades for less than 20 dollars. Crazy, right? If you're convinced, go and get your hands on one. It's available in all Sleek MakeUP stores in selected SM and Ayala department stores. Hopefully, you learned a thing or two about one of my favorite highlighting palettes. Thanks for reading, mermaids! ♥

Summary
Pocket-Friendly ♥♥♥♥♥
Color Selection ♥♥♥♥♥
Long-lasting ♥♥♥♥
Quality & Texture   ♥♥♥♥♥
Health & Safety ♥♥♥♥♥

What's your favorite highlighter?
Comment down below.

  


24 comments

  1. I didn't know what Sleek is a brand from UK. Haha! Anyway, sobrang bet ko din highlighter na 'to. Can't wait to have one. Thank you for this post, Melissa! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laine! You were the one who actually recommended it to me! Do you remember? :) Then, I found out that it was affordable so I got one for myself hihi thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I like all the various colors. It's also great that it's not overly expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in the sleek palette. Don't think this brand is available here but will try finding it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sleek and have owned a few of their products in the past but not yet the highlighters. This one has some awesome colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have a wide range of products! I like their matte liquid lipsticks, too!

      Delete
  5. I never wear makeup. Lol. So I don't know anything about any of this. I literally have no idea how to use a highlighter. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fairly substantial kit! Do they ship to U.S.? :)

    XOXO
    kellmenow | http://www.kellmenow.com/environmentallychic/
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am LOVING that ecliptic shade. I don't have any cream highlighters. The packaging it's really cute and it looks good quality too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first cream highlighter, in fact! I can't decide if I like more - powder or creams - maybe both! :)

      Delete
  8. I NEED this. The colors are so pretty. I would love to try these highlighters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like it is a beautiful palette with those colors. I love the way you have developed your rating system here. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to summarize my review every beauty product in my blog, thanks for noticing! :)

      Delete
  10. I used to buy most of my Sleek through Amazon, which was one way to get around the restrictions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not into make-up however loved the shades and it looks so cute will definitely share about it with my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makeup is so awesome. I don't personally need makeup but I enjoy having the option to be creative. Not only is the packaging nice but the highlights look worth indulging into.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely palette. The colors remind me of a mermaid theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks really neat! Really like the pastel colors! Thank you for this review, didn't know the brand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these colors look pretty.I prefer equinox! Thanks for sharing!

    www.learn2livefully.com
    Nisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heard so much about this! Still thinking if I should get my hands on one though. Haha let's see! :)

    By the way, I nominated you for Liebster Award! Click here for my blog post about it. I look forward to reading your answers and discovering new blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, Miera!!! I actually blogged about Liebster Award just recently but thank you so much for nominating me again! ♥ I'd love to read your post and questions pa rin. :)

      Delete
  17. WHOAH! They look blinding! *wink* If you know what I mean! Haha I didn't know that Sleek is from the UK! OMG I thought it was a local brand. Ugh my bad! Haha I love the photos so much, Melissa! <3

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.