SAVOUR: Carnival Marikina Food Park

Wednesday, January 25, 2017


Another food park has popped up in Metro Manila, and this time it's in Marikina. Keep reading to know more about this carnival-themed food park and what it has to offer!


Things you need to know
Address: 87 Mayor Gil Fernando Ave, Marikina City
Price for two: PHP 700 and up

Carnival Marikina Food Park


The place
I admit that I have not yet explored a lot of food parks in the metro, but I think this is the first one I've visited that has a pretty unique theme. Two concepts that Filipinos seem to enjoy are: Instagrammable places & food parks. In short, a carnival-themed food park is a genius idea that totally deserves the popularity it's getting. Once the word got out in social media sites, people started coming. 

Carnival Marikina Food Park

Aside from social media fame, the food park is also easy to spot. The food park is just along a highway in Marikina, so if you live near the area, you might have seen it already. Public transportation is a convenient option because jeepneys directly pass by.

Carnival Marikina Food Park Carnival Marikina Food Park

Carnival Marikina Food Park
Hungry+tired face
We went there at around 4 in the afternoon on a SUNDAY, and I know that I should have seen this coming - the place was completely filled. Families dominated the park. Children were hungry and the scene was almost chaotic. The hardest challenge was finding a seat. Out of our desperation, we asked a woman if she would be so kind and share their table with us, thank God she said yes. If you are planning to go there, do yourself a favor and go on a weekday. 

The service
Lines were long but they weren't "MRT-long", though. Two places had blockbuster lines - Hungry Heroes Cafe (burger joint) and Señorita (Fil-Mex cantina). I was craving for nachos that day, so obviously we decided to go to Señorita. 

Carnival Marikina Food Park Carnival Marikina Food Park
Carnival Marikina Food Park Carnival Marikina Food Park

Because it is a food park, it was rather challenging to follow-up on the food. In most stalls, the crew asked us to come back for our food after a certain amount of time. Although, other stalls gave out a number and the highly-skilled waiter found us (I don't know how, either - special shoutout to the waiter from Señorita).

The food
The best thing about food parks is you have a chance to choose among a variety of cuisines. Plus, all are budget-friendly.


Carnival Marikina Food Park
All star
All Star from Señorita (PHP 180)
Nachos were cheesy and good for two people. However, it's quite pricey for its quantity.

Carnival Marikina Food Park
Pork Curry
Pork Curry from Tori Joint (around PHP 150)
Tori Joint is a Japanese food stall covered with eye-catching Cherry blossoms aesthetics. Although their food is good, presentation and flavor of the food were lacking.

Carnival Marikina Food Park
SPAM with Nori
SPAM with Nori from Tori Joint (around PHP 150)
I am obsessed with SPAM Musubi's but this disappointed me. It has no special flavor, and it definitely looked better than it tasted. I enjoyed the chili sauce at the side, though.

Carnival Marikina Food Park
Milkshake Lab
Butter Pecan Caramel (PHP 150)
Choco Burst from Milkshake Lab (PHP 150)
Milkshake lab offers a wide variety of flavors to choose from. Presentation was superb. Milkshakes come with disposable syringes for additional flavor. 

Summary
Pocket-Friendly
♥♥♥♥
Quality & Taste
♥♥♥
Service
♥♥♥
Instagrammable  
♥♥♥♥♥

Carnival Marikina Food Park


If you are seeking for a new, fun, and artsy food park to experience, Carnival Marikina Food Park is certainly a must.


Do you like going to food parks?
Name your favorite one in the comment section below. 


23 comments

  1. Woah. another food park. Food parks are now like mushrooms in metro manila. Haha this one looks insteresting, will probably invite friends to have dinner there. thanks for sharing, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the mushroom comparison! Haha! You should go on a weekday, though. :D

      Delete
  2. Another food park and yet I have never even been to The Yard! Bummer. The place really is instagrammable, I love the setting of the place so much! Thanks for the quick tour, Melissa! :) Love your blog's new look, BTW!
    XX Nikaia | Where To Next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH, I haven't been to The Yard either kasi palaging ang daming tao! Haha. Thank you, Nika!!! ♥

      Delete
  3. My list of food parks to visit is getting reaaaally long. Haha! The place looks really cute (and yes, very instagram-worthy). Hope to visit that place soon. <3

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because they've been popping like crazy! Haha! :)

      Delete
  4. I hope they don't serve live chicken. JK. Planning to try this one out very soon.


    Kevin | The Outcast Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg nooooo! What kind of carnivals are you exposed to? HAHAHA jk

      Delete
  5. You're using your Canon g7x here? ganda ng photos. The food looks really yummy, if only I live near the place I'll definitely visit and try all this.

    love,
    rej | rejcanaynay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was. Thanks! :) The food looks good but it could've been better, I think.

      Delete
  6. To be honest, I've only been to Mercato because it's near my previous office! But other than that, I haven't been to any food parks at all. This one looks soooo much fun. I'm ready to shell out some $$$! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is different from Mercato, though! But I think the prices are similar haha. Thank you as always, Karen! ♥

      Delete
  7. I actually underestimated this one! There are other 3 food parks along Gil Fernando and I thought this one will be the least famous. But it turned out to be the most crowded and famous. HAHA! Food choices are much like the same with other food parks but the concept is cute. I wish that they live up to it 100% na lang. They should put perya beside it and it would be much more interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH, I thought may ferris wheel talaga siya na maliit! HAHAHA! I agree with you, it's the most famous one in Marikina now dahil nga sa concept. Hehe.

      Delete
  8. I've seen a post about this food park somewhere. It's so instagrammable but too bad the service and food aren't the best. It seems like a perfect Valentine date spot though. :)

    xx
    Lyka Chiang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it as a Valentine date spot. That's a pretty good idea! :)

      Delete
  9. I've been to 2 out of the three food parks along Gil Fernando Avenue. I haven't been here though because they are really fully booked during weekends that it's feeling more like a jungle there when one of my sister's friends tried it. You should also try Crave Park. That's my favorite food park in Marikina. Try ko to next time pag medyo di na hyped mga tao haha.:D

    http://www.acilegnamai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing a lot of good reviews about Crave Park. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  10. I totally love food parks! They are worth the money (me as a budgetarian haha) and totally instagrammable. I am very much familiar with Marikina because I studied there for almost 10 years. Marikina didn't have much food joints before tapos nung nagbloom yung Lilac St. BAAAAAAAAM biglang dumami food parks WHICH IS A WIN-WIN ♥ I haven't been here pero I will make it sure na kapag may time na to escape from acads, bibisita ulit ako sa Marikina para dito! Winner yung concept, sobrang alive ng place ♥ Have you tried Truck Park sa Gil Fernando din? Masasarap din food and maganda service. RFID card yung payment method kaya for me less hassle yung pag-order :D

    xo, Abby Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're like mushrooms aren't they? Haha. I'm a budgetarian too HAHAHA. I usually don't like spending too much if there's no special occassion. I haven't tried Truck Park, but I will - thanks for the recommendation, Abby! :)

      Delete
  11. The only food park I've been to is the one in Kapitolyo, but the name completely slips my mind now. This one definitely looks instagrammable. This one is a bit too far from us, but hopefully my friends would want to go to a roadtrip. Haha.

    xo, Richel V. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute ng place! Would love to go here too!! :) Mukha ring masarap yung food + very Instagrammable ha! ♥ Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely article! I don't think I could pull it off myself, but it looks amazing. You will like to see more fashion from here.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.