SAVOUR: 4 Breakfast Places for the Morning Person in Me | BGC

Saturday, November 12, 2016 Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines


If you're following me on Twitter or Snapchat (ohyeahhmelissa), you'll probably notice that I work during night shift every other month. And after my shift, I like to explore restaurants nearby. The problem is there are usually no restaurants open at the end of my shift (which is around 6-7am). So, after a few weeks of exploring, I wrapped up a list of my favorite breakfast places which open as early as 7am!





1. Kuppa Roastery & Cafe


Found in the corner of 4th avenue and 31st street, Kuppa is quite known as an artisanal café in BGC. Besides their overwhelming menu of all-day breakfast choices, Kuppa offers its customers the privilege to dine inside where you can admire its wooden-themed interior or have a picnic-like brunch outside. What I love about Kuppa is most of their specialties have a free cup of coffee. How nice is that?

Things you need to know

  • Operating Hours: 7am-10pm (Sat-Wed); 7am-11pm (Thu-Fri)
  • Address: 4th avenue corner 31st street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
  • Price for two: PHP 500 and up




2. Crisp on 28th


Carefully tucked in a unique building on 28th street, Crisp is a nice place to have a quiet breakfast away from the busy Bonifacio High Street. An interesting quality of Crisp is its artistic design that matches the murals found in different places in BGC. You can either eat fresh comfort food to start your day or have a chill night with your barkada on its side veranda. In addition, you might just see Erwan there one of these days.

Things you need to know

  • Operating Hours: 7am-11pm (Mon-Sun)
  • Address: Allied Corporate Building, 28th street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
  • Price for two: PHP 650 and up




3. Early Bird Breakfast Club


Currently, one of the most famous breakfast places in the metro is Early Bird Breakfast Club. With its quirky concept, Early Bird took me off my feet with their menu, which is literally a newspaper with a crossword puzzle! The servings were huge, even big enough for two people. One thing that bothered me though is the service was slow, which is ironic because it's a breakfast place.  

Things you need to know

  • Operating Hours: Open 24 hours (Mon-Sun)
  • Address: GF Fort Pointe 2 Building, The Fort Complex, 28th St, Taguig, Metro Manila
  • Price for two: PHP 900 and up




4. Unit 27 Apartment Bar+Cafe


A total chameleon, Unit 27 is not just a café that serves all-day breakfast plates, it also transforms into a bar at night where you can have drinks and party. Out of the four restaurants in this list, I can say that Unit 27 has the most impressive interior design - contemporary with a spice of vintage. Typographic murals, vintage lamps, a couch and a bicycle make up this artsy heaven. To top that, the food was excellent! Each plate has a balanced combination of fresh veggies, carbs, and protein.

Things you need to know

  • Operating Hours: 8am-10pm (Sun-Mon); 8am-2am (Tue-Thu); 8am-4am (Fri-Sat)
  • Address: 26th Street Corner 7th Street Icon Plaza Building, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
  • Price for two: PHP 1,200 and up


So that wraps up the list of my favorite breakfast places in BGC! Hopefully, this list will serve as a guide for all you morning people out there. :) 

Do you have any suggestions that might be a great addition to this list? 
Leave a comment below! :)


27 comments

  1. Erwan owns Crisp on 28th? OMG! Tatambay na ako dun. I've been fangirling (watched all his youtube videos) for like a week now. haha Kailangan ko siya makita!! And of course Unit 27 never fails. <3 I wanted to do breakfast dates na rin tuloy kasi there's no people around too kaya lang I'll be late for work. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeesss, the fat kid inside. He owns three (I think) in BGC alone. We usually do breakfast dates on Saturdays lang haha before I go home to QC. Lol.

      Delete
  2. I've never really been out for breakfasts since I never take night-shifts and my family believes the importance of eating breakfast, haha. But all these featured breakfast places sounds good - especially the Early Bird Breakfast Club! Might do a visit anyway when I find myself in BGC.

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That applied to me too when I was still living in our house. Currently kasi I'm living a dorm near my work and I don't know how to cook, so wala ako choice. :))

      Delete
  3. I love breakfast places, these sound so good!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste good, as well! Thanks, Katherine. :)

      Delete
  4. These sound so gorgeous, thanks for sharing the photos with us
    Have a lovely day:)

    New Giveaway on my blog, good luck :)
    www.abdelkhalekleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with this bag! x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! It's currently my favorite bag. Haha.

      Delete
  6. They all look oh so modern and so local! Ideal for starting your day <33

    www.foregathers.life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! Thanks for checking my post out. :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you, I'll check out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always enjoyed eating breakfast! It's my favorite meal of the day. All of these places are so cute. I love their interior decor. I always search out cute places to eat.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that breakfast is the most enjoyable meal of the day! :) Thanks, Kim!

      Delete
  9. These places sounds awesome :) Good thing some of them serves all-day breakfast because I'm not a morning person and I definitely do not wake up early whenever I'm in BGC :D

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Not a morning person myself but I enjoy eating breakfast :))) Thanks, Alyssa!

      Delete
  10. Hi Melissa! First of all, congratulations on your blog! Legit na. :) Kainggit! And I must say na super pretty ng layout ng blog mo. Love it! <3 Anyway, I don't usually go to BGC but these restaus make me want to visit. Love your photos! Gaganda ng shots mo as always. Hope to hear from you soon! x

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, Airish! Finally, akin na ang domain :)))) Happy to know you liked this post! :D

      Delete
  11. Breaksfast is my favorite meal of the day! I'll definitely visit these places that you listed. Thanks! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy! Thanks, Camille! I'm happy this list helped you. :D

      Delete
  12. I love Early Bird! One of my go-to breakfast places :) And the free coffee just made me want to try out Kuppa. HAHA

    Little Miss Miera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes, I recommend Kuppa! Try their breakfast plates, too. :)

      Delete
  13. Oh that's awesome to have those lovely breakfast options!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. UGH! I REALLY REALLY NEED TO GO BACK TO MANILA SOON! I want to go on a food trip to Maginhawa and BGC!!! :D

    xo, Wandering Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!!! Tapos I'll be your foodie guide in BGC! HAHA!

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.