STRUT: Monochrome Mermaid

Monday, October 17, 2016


Usually, when someone thinks of mermaids, they're incorporated with dreamy hues and hologramic pastels. When I saw this ironic gray top in H&M, I wondered why they have made it monochrome. After not much of a thought, I decided to buy it. "I GREW UP WITH MERMAIDS" was just begging to be taken home by Momma

Since 2013, I skipped wearing those loud graphic shirts and gave them away. I think that was the time when my taste and vision for my style matured. I started trying different clothing combinations like bold colors and prints. Since then, I noticed that I was spending more time and effort when buying apparel. Although, my budget was limited because I was still in college back then.  

As of now, I am working as a Software Engineer which I admit has a pretty decent pay. Being that said, I still don't spend a ton of money on my clothes. Funny, hmm? I think practical is the right word for that, LOL. I got that from my Papa. He just doesn't want me to invest on things I can't use every single day - and he's right. You can't repeat an outfit! *kidding*


The reason I still take a lot of time while I shop is because I still look at the price tag, and this is why I always shop a lot when I'm at H&M! Their clothes are incredibly affordable and very trendy. There are just too much to choose from. 


Top
Gray graphic muscle tee from H&M

Bottom 
Leather pencil skirt from H&M

Shoes 
White plimsolls with zip-detail from Stradivarius

Accessories
Lace choker from Forever Wishes Online (ig: @foreverwishesonline)
Silver wristwatch from Tomato Time
Black sports wristwatch from Timex
Transparent wayfarer from Love to Style PH (ig: @lovetostyleph)

I apologize for wearing two different watches, I changed my mind in the middle of this short shoot. LOL!

To be honest, graphic tees aren't my style. Especially this one since it's a muscle tee, I think I'm not edgy enough to rock this. The only reason I bought this is because it had the word Mermaid on it. #sorrynotsorry


Location: McKinley Hill, Taguig City
Photographer: Mayren Cruz aka boyfriend (ig: @mayrencruz)
Hair and Makeup: Me 



How about you, do you like wearing graphic tees? 
What do you think about this look?
Comment down below. ;)



Just keep swimming,
Melissa

21 comments

  1. I think graphic tees would never go out of style naman beacuse they seem to adapt with the trend nowadays + it looks good if you pair it perfectly with other pieces (just like what you did). Just recently, I can't help but grab the shirt from Cotton On which says "Los Anjealous" bc come on, it's just too cute. Haha!

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is cute!!

      Yeah, I see your point. I'm more of a preppy pabebe girl kasi HAHA. Not that edgy pero thanks, Da! ♥

      Delete
  2. But you sure looked good on it.. I love the t-shirt too buh without the mermaid inscriptn..lol
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?
    Please let me know on my blog and I will follow back as soon as possible!

    Glowyshoes's blog

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! ♥

      I'm sorry but what is GFC? I only have a Bloglovin account. :D

      Delete
  3. That t-shirt is so cute and you look very chic in this casual style.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself do not wear large graphic tees either, but I do love a good minimalistic shirt with a phrase and this one is no exception. I have one that I just bought myself that says "I'de rather be watching cats on the internet." haha.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's a funny one! You just can't resist buying something that cute. :))

      Delete
  5. You did right to buy the shirt as it is a cool piece and it shows the essential word "Mermaid" :) I'm impressed how conscious you are with your money - kudos to your dad and how you teached you! I like you in this rock chic look!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my dad taught me well. Lucky me! Thank you so much, Rena! :)

      Delete
  6. I hated graphic tee for years but ever since it made a huge comeback the past two years, I'm really loving it! You actually pull off this tee really well!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. No point in investing in something you will not use everyday and especially when you can have such a stylish effect with other products. Best wishes, Iga www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Iga! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  8. Omg, your shirt tells it all! It's perfect for you (and of course, your domain too lol). I love the idea of you depicting "mermaids" into an outfit post that's totally the opposite of how people picture a mermaid (which is usually girly, colorful, etc.) love this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mermaids can be tough, you know? Haha! Thanks, Kea! ♥

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.