STRUT: Mavis

Tuesday, September 6, 2016


For a girl of 5 feet and 2 inches, I love wearing circle skirts. Though it will certainly make me look smaller, I just love to twirl and be all girly with it. 



In this outfit, I promise I did not intend to wear a monochrome look! I just put on this the last minute and paired it with a dark lipstick. Hence the title, Mavis. Sounds familiar? If you're into animated films like I am, you'll remember her as the vampire girl from Hotel Transylvania, voiced by the lovely Selena Gomez (one more reason to love her). 


I'm sorry I look sad here LOL





Top
Black and white 3/4 sleeved top with low back detail from Landmark

Bottom
Black A-line Circle Skirt from Landmark

Shoes
White plimsols with zip detail from Stradivarius

Accessories
Transparent wayfarer from Love to Style PH (ig: @lovetostyleph)
Silver wristwatch from Tomato Time
Silver clutch bag from SM Parisian








Location: University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City
Photographer: Josamm Felices (ig: @josammfelices & @byjosamm)
Hair and Makeup: Me 



Do you love circle skirts, too? 
Comment your thoughts below.


Just keep swimming,
Melissa

28 comments

  1. Maganda! I love this outfit so much! And I love that movie; I love watching with my baby brother. Also that dark lip is lovely on you. Lastly, you are from the PH?!? Oh my g, I can't wait to go visit again.

    XOXO - Lovingrose_

    New Post: http://lovingrosestyle.blogspot.com/2016/09/august-2016-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes, I'm from the Philippines! Come visit here again in the summer. :)

      Delete
  2. so parisian chic....striped top is an eternal classic and I love how you paired it with that skirt. Gorgeous styling and photos<3

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute dear, I love your outfit.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love circle skirts too but I tend to avoid them as I am short! I prefer pencil skirts! Love your outfit, so cute! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love circle skirts too but I tend to avoid them as I am short! I prefer pencil skirts! Love your outfit, so cute! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous! love your outfit!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anya! Sure I'd love to follow you. I'll follow you in Bloglovin'! :)

      Delete
  7. Un look ideal,estás súper guapa!! https://bohoclosetblog.com/2016/09/07/lookbook-outfits-para-ir-a-la-oficina-escuela-backtoschool/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorbs! I love your style!

    xoSE
    http://www.sashaelizabeth.com/2016/09/diy-makeup-brush-holder.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 5ft 2 as well! Thanks for the styling tips!
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Height twinsies! :)) Thanks for reading, Rosanna!

      Delete
  10. You look fab. :) The photos were amazing too especially because you took it in my university. ❤ Haha And the last time I checked, I'm also 5'2" ;)

    http://i.flaunt.nu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! :) That's because your uni is incredibly photogenic! ❤

      Delete
  11. I don't wear skirts often so I've never tried out circle skirts! Love your glasses :D -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them at least once! You'll feel really girly lol. Thanks, Audrey! :)

      Delete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.