SHINE: Battle of Affordable Eyebrow Pencils (Available in PH)

Monday, September 19, 2016 Philippines


As we all know by now, our eyebrows are the most essential part of our face. Eyebrows literally provide the polished look we need and give our eyes the extra fierceness. Every girl should learn how to properly shape and shade their eyebrows because #KilayIsLife! But, we can't do that without our trust-worthy eyebrow pencils! 

In this post, I'm going to list a number of affordable eyebrow pencils which I have used over the years. Take note that these are all Asian brands accessible in the Philippines, although some are not locally made.



1. Etude House Drawing EyeBrow


PROS: Highly pigmented; Comes with a spoolie. Retractable. Easy to apply due to angle. Available in various shades.
CONS: Becomes patchy after 4-5 hours. Easy to break. 

Rating: 3.5/5
Price: PHP 178.00

Where to buy? Etude House branches nationwide (I bought mine from Etude House, SM North EDSA)

2. Nature Republic Auto Eyebrow


PROS: Available shades are natural-looking and complements with fair and medium skin tones. Easy to apply due to angle. Available in either pencil or retractable pencil. Comes with a spoolie.
CONS: Becomes patchy after 6-8 hours if not blended properly with a spoolie or brush. Pencil is a little thick.

Rating: 4.5/5
Price: PHP 185.00

Where to buy? Nature Republic branches and stalls nationwide (I bought mine from Nature Republic stall in Landmark, TriNoma)

3. Tony Moly Lovely Eyebrow Pencil


PROS: Thin retractable pencil that is perfect for precision. Easy to apply. Stays on for 5-8 hours.
CONS: Definitely the easiest to break (SUPER!)

Rating: 4/5
Price: PHP 178.00



Where to buy? Tony Moly branches nationwide (I bought mine from Tony Moly, SM North EDSA)

4. Nichido Minerals/Precise Eye Pencil


PROS: Easy to apply. Probably the easiest brand to spot.
CONS: Colors are noticeably different from the natural shade of eyebrows. Looks fake if not matched to hair color.

Rating: 3/5
Price: PHP 138.00

Where to buy? Watsons and SM Department Stores nationwide (I bought mine from Nichido, Watsons in SM Megamall)

5. Menow 2in1 Eyebrow


PROS: For a pencil, this is highly pigmented. Comes with a highlighter/concealer pencil that can be used to highlight and polish your brows. Most affordable.
CONS: Limited color selection. The lightest shade is still a little too strong. No retractable pencils available. 

Rating: 4/5
Price: PHP 100.00

Where to buy? Bazaars and online shops (I bought mine from @makeupinthecity in Venice Piazza, McKinley Hill) 



***Disclaimer: All photos used for this post are not mine. 


How about you? What are your trusted affordable Eyebrow Makeup?
Drop your comments below. 


Just keep swimming,
Melissa

33 comments

  1. Hi, do you know how much these products cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! I just realized that I posted this without indicating the prices :)) I'm sorry! I've updated my post and now it includes the prices. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm actually using Etude's drawing eyebrow and Maybelline's fashion brow (I don't recommend the pen, but the powder brush does the job). And as a beginner, I think they're working pretty well. I'm a little hesitant about trying new products but I'm gonna try Nature Republic next time. How much does it cost, btw? Thanks for the recos, Melissa!

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Da! I heard Maybelline's fashion brow is quite affordable, too! I believe Nature Republic's Auto Eyebrow costs PHP 185. :)

      Delete
  3. The eyebrow pencils from Etude looks great! :) However, I don't use any sort of eyebrow pencils because I'm more comfortable using the eyebrow powder. Hehe, I don't know how to properly use these pencils din kasi for my eyebrows :) Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite, I can't do eyebrow powder naman! My brows are too thin kapag powder lang. :))

      Delete
  4. Thanks heavens for this post! I am currently using Snoe eyebrow pencil, but it's a little expensive (P600!!!) and I'm scouting for other affordable ones that I could buy soon.

    Really, really helpful. Thanks Melissa!
    xx jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Snoe, but for that price it better be good! Haha! Glad you found this helpful, Jhanz! :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing list! I love eyebrow pencils and that's all I use for my brows. x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too! Although, I'm kind of interested into using eye brow gel too for more long-lasting eyebrows. :)

      Delete
  6. i just can't be separated from the face shop designing eyebrow. it was my first eyebrow tool and i still use it to this day. i tried etude's but it's just too soft! so i go back again. i did want to try tony moly's so thanks for reminding me!

    xx http://tanaditya.co.vu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried The Face Shop's designing eyebrow, is it any good? :D I must remind you too that Tony Moly's is a lot softer than Etude's!!!

      Delete
  7. I don't own many eyebrow pencils, only a couple that I really don't like. I must invest into one or two more :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you most definitely should! :)) Thanks for reading, Yiota!

      Delete
  8. I don't own many eyebrow pencils, only a couple that I really don't like. I must invest into one or two more :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting this Melissa, very timely. I am using Nichido's atm, but I'm thinking of switching because even the lightest shade is still too dark for me lol. I love Etude's tho, but I agree with it being patchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest to try them all and stick with the one your skin is most comfortable with. :)) Glad you found this helpful, Danica! :)

      Delete
  10. Really fantastic colours! I want to try them.

    I hope that you visit my blog: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    And I’ll be so happy if you click this link: http://www.zaful.com/pu-leather-weaving-solid-color-satchel-p_193073.html?lkid=14051
    Have a nice day!


    Elwira

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, great post and good info :) Some of those really look like I could try them! Have a good one x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Pomade and also this product is a bit strange I'm satisfied with it :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a lot of good things about ABH! Too bad they're not available here in the Philippines. :(

      Delete
  13. I've been using the eyebrow pencil of Daiso and I am loving it so much. I will definitely check this all out. Thanks for commenting on Qing's Style!

    xoxo
    Qing
    www.qingsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew Daiso has an eyebrow pencil. Imma check that out! Thanks, Qing! :)

      Delete
  14. I've been switching eyebrow products from pencils, powder, brow wiz and pomade. I am most comfortable when using the pomade. I am currently using Anastasia dip brow pomade. From that day I decided to fix my brows, I couldn't go out without my brows on fleek. Lol. :D

    Augustin Ra • Indie Spirit
    TwitterFacebookInstagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just can't go out with thin brows (or none at all lol). Thanks Augustin! :)

      Delete
  15. Great article! I actually have such naturally dark and bushy brows that I NEED to get them threaded/waxed.. Am I the only one with this issue?

    XOXO
    kellmenow | http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/2016/8/25/rain-rain-stay-away
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/
    Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow/?fref=ts
    Twitter | https://twitter.com/kell_menow
    BlogLovin | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/blog-kellmenow-14252307

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I envy you! I wish I had bushy brows haha. :)

      Delete
  16. I haven't heard a lot of reviews about Nature Republic's eyebrow pencil but I'm glad I bumped into this entry. I'm currently using EH's eyebrow pencil and it breaks off so badly! Will definitely try NR's once I run out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to share something? Don't forget to include your name and website!

Latest Instagrams

© Melissa the Mermaid. Design by FCD.